This module restores lost Drupal core functionality - enables blocking of IP addresses with some improvements:
- see when IP was blocked, who of users block this IP and reason for blocking (if specified);
- set a 404 (Not Found) status code for visitors from blocked IP instead of default 403 (Access Denied);
- enable logging for access attempts from blocked IPs;
- display number of blocked IPs on the "Status report" page;
- integration with new module "Antiscan" for automatic block IP addresses used by bad crawlers or vulnerability scanners.
Administration page is available via menu Administration > Configuration > User accounts > IP address blocking (admin/config/people/ip-blocking) and may be used for:
- block an IP address;
- unblock previously blocked IP address.
Additional settings for module:
While browsing "Recent log messages" (admin/reports/dblog) you can quickly review an individual entry (admin/reports/event/EVENT_NUMBER) and block (or unblock) an IP address from the "Operation" link.
This link will be shown for events of types 'access denied', 'antiscan', 'blocked_ip', 'login_allowlist', 'page not found', 'system', 'user' only if IP address is valid and not the current user's IP address.
If you need to unblock an already blocked IP, it's possible in the same location,
also check status of this IP in AbuseIPDB.